This dish isn’t difficult, but you don't have to tell anyone. Do a little prep the night before, then pop it into the oven in the morning — and voilà, you can have an impressive and delicious breakfast while you’re still in your jammies!
Alongside a green salad and some crusty bread, this fluffy and flavorful frittata makes a delicious lunch or a light dinner, too.
Take Today’s Step and whip up this yummy frittata for breakfast on a lazy weekend morning, then turn around leftovers (they reheat beautifully!) for a busy weekday. Breakfast accomplished! What did you think? Give us your review in Comments below.
Kale and Potato Frittata
- Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Chopped garlic
- 5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Deep Green Blends Kale (1 package)
- 2 cups Grated Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an oven-proof skillet on medium heat, heat the oils, then add the onion and garlic. Stir well and add the kale. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the potato. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and ricotta cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet with the kale-potato mixture and stir together.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake 30-40 minutes, until the frittata is golden brown and puffy. Cut into pie-shaped pieces and serve warm or at room temperature. Delicious!
- Calories per serving: 210, Fat 12 grams, Cholesterol 320 mg, Sodium 730 mg, Carbohydrates 11 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Sugars 1 gram, Protein 13 grams.
- Percentage Daily Values per serving (based on a 2,000-calorie diet): Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%, Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 25%, Vitamin B12 15%, Phosphorus 20%.