Drink Your Produce!
This lively smoothie is a terrific way to start your day — or energize your afternoon. Bursting with fresh fruit flavor, it’s also packed with vitamins and antioxidants, courtesy of the fruits and carrots inside.
Smoothies are a delicious way to get more fruits and veggies into your day; you have complete control over what’s in it, so you don’t have to worry about hidden surprises that might throw off your healthy regimen.
Whenever you can, choose organic fruits and veggies to help keep synthetic chemical residues out of your food and out of our environment. (Earthbound Farm’s got a whole line of amazing frozen organic fruits and frozen organic vegetables — perfect smoothie inspirations!)
Get out your blender and whip up this delicious smoothie for breakfast or as a refreshing treat on a warm afternoon. What do you think: will you add any special touches, dial it up/down, swap out favorite fruits?
Mango Strawberry Carrot Smoothie
- Serves 2 (makes about 16 ounces)
- 2 ounces Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Mango Chunks
- 2 ounces Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Strawberries
- 1 ounce fresh or frozen carrot
- 3 ounces vanilla frozen yogurt
- 8 ounces apple or orange juice
- Add the ingredients to a blender or juicer. Secure the lid and blend for about 30 seconds. Stop to scrape down the sides of the blender and give the liquid a stir. Continue blending until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Calories per 8-oz serving, made with apple juice: 160, Fat 2.5 grams, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Carbohydrates 34 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Sugars 28 grams, Protein 2 grams. Percentage Daily Values per serving (based on a 2,000-calorie diet): Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%, Folate 2%.
- Calories per 8-oz serving, made with orange juice: 170, Fat 3 grams, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Carbohydrates 33 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Sugars 25 grams, Protein 3 grams. Percentage Daily Values per serving (based on a 2,000-calorie diet): Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 130%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%, Folate 10%.