Elegant & Easy Spring Mix with Stilton and Pecans
An easy-to-make salad doesn’t have to be boring. Here a rich balsamic vinaigrette dresses tender baby greens garnished with crumbled Stilton cheese and toasted pecans — making an elegant and delicious salad that's quick enough for any weeknight.
If you like, Roquefort would substitute nicely for the Stilton, as would walnuts for the pecans.
And although this recipe calls for cherry tomatoes, chunks of apple or pears work nicely, too, especially if tomatoes are in short supply.
Take Today’s Step and try this lovely salad alongside a simple roast chicken, baked fish or meatloaf. (No one has to know how easy it was!) Did you substitute with some of your favorite salad ingredients? Share your ideas in Comments below!
Spring Mix with Stilton and Pecans
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Finely minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Spring Mix (1 clamshell package)
- 1/2 cup Toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup Crumbled Stilton cheese
- 16 Earthbound Farm Organic Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- To make the vinaigrette: Place the oil, balsamic, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper in a glass jar and seal the lid tightly. Shake vigorously to combine and set aside at room temperature. Leftover vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 months. Let it return to room temperature and shake it vigorously before using.
- To assemble the salad: Place the baby greens in a large salad bowl and add about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Toss to coat the leaves, then taste and add more vinaigrette as desired. Divide the greens among 4 plates. Sprinkle each salad with some of the pecans and cheese. Garnish with the tomatoes and serve immediately.
What other salad greens might you enjoy? We’ve got loads of brilliant ideas for all kinds of salads in our Recipe Center — check them out!