A Goddess for Your Greens
As a creamy dip, Green Goddess is a classic for flavor, color and all-around “dippability.” Our Carmel Valley Farm Stand customers have long loved its delicate green color and thick, creamy texture with crunchy organic veggies like carrots (try our Mini Peeled), celery, radishes, peppers, green beans, cherry tomatoes…any of your favorites.
As a divine twist on salad, this Green Goddess makes a fresh and flavorful dressing for sturdy lettuces like romaine, iceberg, red leaf and oak leaf, or one of our hearty Deep Green Blends like Kale or Power.
Dress your next salad with (or dip your next veggie snack into) this beautiful recipe. You might be surprised by how fast the greens disappear!
Green Goddess Dressing and Dip
- Serves 4
- From Food to Live By: The Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook by Myra Goodman
- Plan-ahead note: This recipe should be refrigerated from 3 to 6 hours, depending on how you make it, to let the flavors marry before you use it.
- 2 Anchovies or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 small cloves Garlic (small cloves)
- 2 Green onions (including 3 inches of green, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon Fresh cilantro, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon Fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon Fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place the anchovies, garlic, green onions, parsley, cilantro, dill, tarragon, sugar, salt and vinegar into a blender or food processor. Pulse the machine on and off, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula, until the mixture is finely chopped.
- Add the sour cream and mayonnaise, and blend until the mixture is smooth. Add pepper to taste and blend to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean container and refrigerate, covered, for at least 6 hours to allow the flavors to meld. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- To make this recipe as a salad dressing: Increase the vinegar to 3 tablespoons, then decrease the sour cream to 1/2 cup, the mayonnaise to 1/4 cup, and the refrigeration time to 3 hours.