It's a Triple Play: Eat Clean 2013
Prevention magazine, one of the biggest-circulation publications in the US (2.9 million readers), just named our fresh Kale, Frozen Kale and Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries to their list of 100 Cleanest Packaged Foods featured in their March 2013 print issue and online.
The editors munched through a whole lot of supermarket food to find the most nutritious, most flavorful choices with the cleanest ingredients — here’s how they judged:
- No GMO ingredients (brownie points to “Non-GMO Project Verified” products)
- No more than 10 g added sugar
- Less than 200 mg sodium per serving (or 400 mg for meals)
- All cans free of BPA
- All fish sustainable according to Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch criteria
- And all the foods had to be absolutely delicious!
Check out the 100 Cleanest Packaged Foods on Prevention’s website — you won’t get far without finding some new products to try. (We sure didn’t!)
And here’s a yummy recipe to try: Tuscan Bean and Kale Soup, featuring our Frozen Kale. It’s just perfect for a blustery early March evening!