Kickstart Your Day
Smoothies are really cool right now, and it’s no wonder. Breakfast, lunch, snacktime, whenever (and wherever) — smoothies make it easier to add produce to your day and do a big nutritional favor for your body.
So we’ve made making really healthy smoothies even easier: our new frozen Smoothie Kickstarts put together perfect proportions of certified organic fruits and veggies, ready to go into your blender with your favorite add-ins, like juice, milk or nondairy beverage, yogurt and other boosts.
And they’re versatile. One Kickstart can become many different smoothie flavors…maybe add juice one day, sub in coconut water or almond milk the next time, try a different juice the time after that…you get the idea. Delicious, all!
Here’s one of our favorite Kickstart smoothie recipes, a greens + berries combo that’s simple and delicious. (Don’t stop there — more ideas below the recipe!)
All Hail Kale Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5m | Total Time: 5m | Serves 2
- This delightfully fresh-tasting, healthy greens + berries smoothie builds on our Organic Kale Berry Smoothie Kickstart, a perfectly proportioned mix of our organic kale, organic blueberries and organic strawberries. It's one of the easiest ways to get more super-nutritious greens into your day, and it's great for breakfast or a late-day pick-me-up.
- We think this smoothie is just perfectly sweet as is, but if your taste buds like a bit more sweetness, add a tablespoon or so of honey or your favorite sweetener to taste.
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 package Earthbound Farm Organic Kale Berry Smoothie Kickstart
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Our blogger friends grabbed the Kickstart idea and ran with it — check out their yummy recipes:
- From Amelia at Eating Made Easy, a pretty Peach Smoothie with Mango, Carrots and Coconut
- From Sara at Go Gingham, try Smoothie Tuesday, Smoothie Thursday and Sometimes Saturday
- From Ashley at Edible Perspective, ideas to fill a bright summer Smoothie Morning