This month we’re seeing couples everywhere…and somehow it’s just more fun and satisfying when interesting individuals come together in unexpected harmony.
Of course, the kitchen is a great place to pair up attractive individual ingredients. It’s not always obvious when foods can be complementary to one another — but if you can recognize their potential, your dishes can become much more than the sum of their parts.
Try these delicious pairings for flavor matches worth celebrating!
Two mild, nutty flavors give each other savory depth:
Delicious juicy-sweet fruit marries a peppery green:
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Pears and Blue Cheese
- Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette (from Food52.com)
A match of fresh and creamy made in heaven:
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Fondue (from our friend Shanon at The Curvy Carrot)
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries (from the Food Network Kitchens)
Together, earthiness and sunshine ignite fabulous flavor:
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Walnuts and Feta Cheese (from Food to Live By)
- Perfect Roasted Beets with Orange Slices (from VegetarianTimes.com)
Creamy and tangy…and oh, so good together: