Steam, fine. Sauté, nice. Boil, even that has its uses. But if you really want to rev up the flavor of your vegetables, you want to roast.
Everyone’s roasting these days (around our offices, nary a Brussels sprout has escaped). But don’t get stuck with the same-old-same-old. There’s a world of veggies (and even fruits) out there that just love a hot oven!
Don’t miss our Roasted Twofer and Garlic Roasted Broccolette this week! And here’s more:
- Indian-Spiced Cauliflower – Start with Earthbound organic cauliflower and add some subcontinent-inspired spice. (Make 2 batches. You may not be able to stop snacking on them!)
- Roasted Broccolette with Lemon and Parmesan – Our friend Amelia at Eating Made Easy saw our organic broccolette in the field and a delicious idea was born!
- Slow-Roasted Tomatoes – Great as an ingredient, irresistible eaten out of hand like candy. (Maybe do 2 batches here, too.)
- Roasted Pineapple – Roasting intensifies its sweetness in a magical way.
- Roasted Sugar Snap Peas with Sesame Dipping Sauce – Love dipping? Our friend Ashley at Edible Perspective has a great idea!
- Baked Baby Kale Chips – The Produce Mom reminds us that you don’t have to wait for your kale to be full-grown to throw it into the oven. Baby kale is a natural.
- Roasted Fennel – You don’t need to like licorice to roast this amazing veggie. The heat mellows and transforms it into a wonderful side for roasted meats or a savory addition to salads, soups or veggie combos.