You’re Roasting What?
Steam, fine. Sauté, nice. Boil, even that has its uses. But if you really want to rev up the flavor of your vegetables, you want to roast.
Everyone’s roasting these days (around our offices, nary a Brussels sprout has escaped). But don’t get stuck with the same-old-same-old. There’s a world of veggies (and even fruits) out there that just love a hot oven!
Don’t miss our Roasted Twofer and Garlic Roasted Broccolette this week! And here’s more:
- Indian-Spiced Cauliflower – Start with Earthbound organic cauliflower and add some subcontinent-inspired spice. (Make 2 batches. You may not be able to stop snacking on them!)
- Roasted Broccolette with Lemon and Parmesan – Our friend Amelia at Eating Made Easy saw our organic broccolette in the field and a delicious idea was born!
- Slow-Roasted Tomatoes – Great as an ingredient, irresistible eaten out of hand like candy. (Maybe do 2 batches here, too.)
- Roasted Pineapple – Roasting intensifies its sweetness in a magical way.
- Roasted Sugar Snap Peas with Sesame Dipping Sauce – Love dipping? Our friend Ashley at Edible Perspective has a great idea!
- Baked Baby Kale Chips – The Produce Mom reminds us that you don’t have to wait for your kale to be full-grown to throw it into the oven. Baby kale is a natural.
- Roasted Fennel – You don’t need to like licorice to roast this amazing veggie. The heat mellows and transforms it into a wonderful side for roasted meats or a savory addition to salads, soups or veggie combos.