The turkey gets a lot of attention, but let’s be honest: we’re here for the sides.
Earthbound’s own Chef Sarah LaCasse and some of our favorite bloggers challenge the calorie-dense reputation of traditional holiday accompaniments with these delicious, healthier ideas.
- Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding: Savory vegetarian done right. (from The Curvy Carrot)
- Delicata Squash with Quinoa Stuffing: Goodness into goodness. (from Edible Perspective)
- Sweet Potato + Kale Gratin: A little cream, some nutrients, lots of delicious. (from Oh My Veggies)
- Persimmon Cranberry Sauce: Persimmon adds punch to this classic. (from Deliciously Organic)
- Creamed Mixed Baby Kales: Organic baby kale goes creamy and smoky in this baked favorite.
- Fennel Salad with Thyme Vinaigrette: Delicate fennel fronds make a nice addition to a hearty feast. (from The Healthy Apple)
- Candied Butternut and Baby Kale Stuffing: Rich, creamy butternut squash meets earthy, flavorful baby kale for a match made in heaven.
- Oyster Sausage Stuffing: Surprise with an unexpected ingredient. (from Go Gingham)