Earthbound Farm's Organic Deep Greens are a selection of fresh and hearty, flavorful and nourishing baby leaves that are ready for anything: tender enough to mix into an enticing salad, press into a delightful juice or smoothie, or toss right into a soup or stir-fry — with no need to wash, chop or de-stem.
Kale: A medley of sweet, tender baby kales with a flavor profile similar to baby arugula (but with less bite). Its leaves are sturdier than those of many other baby lettuces, so baby kale salads can stand up to a wide array of ingredients and stronger dressings without being overwhelmed.
Power: A super-versatile, easy mix of tender baby spinach, baby red and green chards, and baby kales with delightful flavor, hot or cold.
Zen: Love greens with bold flavors? Cooked or fresh, this blend of authentic baby Asian greens, kale and spinach is finding fans from East to West.
When super greens like these are so super easy, delicious and convenient, you have endless possibilities for year-round enjoyment!
Why choose organic?
- Choosing organic greens is a smart and effective way to reduce your dietary exposure to pesticide residues.
- Spinach currently ranks #6 and kale #16 on the Environmental Working Group’s "Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce," a list of produce items that have been shown to carry the most pesticide residues when cultivated conventionally. You can lower your dietary exposure to pesticides substantially by avoiding the most contaminated fruits and vegetables, and choosing organic for those items instead.
- At Earthbound Farm, we grow our organic baby spinach, chards and kales without toxic synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, using sustainable farming methods that protect the environment and help keep pesticides out of our soil, air, water and food supply. Organic food is the healthiest choice for people and the planet — and we think organic kale tastes better, too!
- WhatsOnMyFood.org from the Pesticide Action Network shows you searchable results for vegetables like spinach, kale and a wide range of other organic and conventional foods. It’s an empowering tool for learning about pesticide residues and their health effects.
How to store Deep Green Blends
- All of the Earthbound Farm Organic Deep Green Blends are pre-washed and ready to use. Store them in the coolest part of your refrigerator in the original container. Be sure to consume your greens by the “use by” date on the package — but no matter what the date, discard any package with leaves that look discolored or wilted, or smell bad.
Tips for using Deep Green Blends
- These baby leaves provide terrific texture and flavor when mixed into a salad with other hearty lettuces like romaine, or even on their own. The sturdy leaves are tender but still able to stand up to bold dressings and heavier ingredients.
- Unlike their mature versions, the baby leaves in Kale, Power and Zen don’t have thick central stalks to trim away, nor do they require blanching; they cook in a jiffy, with no prep work needed, and they perform in recipes just like you'd expect spinach to do.